Theme your home and tree as if you were at the beach house. Maybe you are at the beach and want to decorate in a festive way for the holidays. Here is your inspiration.
Get Away From The Hustle, Have A Christmas At The Beachhouse
You may have a coastal home, you may not- but you can decorate as though you lived at the beach! This Christmas a beachy theme could be the perfect one for those who live where tropical warmth in December gives reason for a new type of tradition. It is cooling and festive, and relaxed.
Not everyone is dreaming of a White Christmas, at least not the type that is cold and comes from the North. Think about pastels, natural look décor in whites, raffia brown, and seashell pink, now you have an inkling of the charm of a Christmas at the Beach.
You may not be able to actually go to the beach, but you can bring all that sense of relaxed casual fun into your holiday decorating.
- Bring some of the casual comfort of the Beach House and its color scheme into your celebration of Christmas.
- Decorate the tree with shells, bedeck the halls with pink poinsettias and paperwhites, use your imagination to create a wonderful Christmas in the fresh look of a seaside cottage.
- Give gifts with a coastal theme, decorate like you are at the Beach House- have lots of jolly good fun.
Beach Theme Christmas + Easy Craft Projects - A natural pairing of seashells, ornaments, and ribbon
You can make hostess gifts for anyone with a love for the beach, create décor for your own home as well. many craft ideas for Christmas are ideal for a Beach themed wedding, too. Have you seen those glass balls that are used for craft project? Yes? They seem made just for filling with a bit of decorative sand and little objects that tell stories about beach vacations, the sea, and all the pretty collected objects found when beach combing. Small shells, bits of beach glass, starfish- storebought or created as crafts, tied with raffia and satin ribbon in theme colors.
- 70mm Clear Plastic Acrylic Fillable Ball Ornament
- Double Face Satin Ribbon 1/4 inch
- Tiny Mix Seashells
Brown sugar starfish can be used to decorate candles,tables, as gift ornament,tied onto presents, scattered around a wreath- there are so many uses to give something a touch of the sand and sea. Glue ribbon or raffia to your shells with a glue gun, dot with a pearl decoration, if desired.
Starfish as Christmas Stars
Glue scallop shells neatly around the base of your candles, or tie on one of your brown sugar starfish.
Seashell Christmas Ornaments and Beach Motifs
Creative Coastal Ideas
- Cone shaped and trimmed boxwoods or rosemary trees in your window, wreath and garlands of strung seashells, pastel and relaxing colors keep a Coastal Beach theme, but catering to your yearning for a holiday that is merry and bright.
- A tropical Norfolk pine, done up in Christmas time finery, accents of pots of paperwhites and amaryllis, it can be both a traditional Christmas and beach house casual and comfy atmosphere at the same time.
- Color Schemes? Substitute Coral for Christmas Red, Bay Leaf wreaths for Fir and Pine, and lots of soft white everywhere.
- Lime green and lemon yellow, Sea blue and sugar sand, just use the merry time of Christmas to brighten everything up just a notch or two.
Coastal Holiday Ideas
Under your tree, spread the look of a walk on the beach.
Flip Flops on the Beach Quilted Christmas Tree Skirt
A tropical themed Christmas is an idea that appeals to plenty of people- and the tree skirt proves it. I was recently in a Hobby Lobby store, and next to Christmas displays were many beach house décor items. It doesn't take much imagination to combine the two for a holiday look that carries through the year- especially for those of us who love the lap of ocean water on a sandy shore.
Flip flops mean fun and their colorful shapes create really cute accessories. I love fabrics with patterns borrowed from a row on the porch. That is the exact feeling a Christmas tree skirt gives, and you don't have to buy one, either. Striped fabric with appliques of easy to cut out flip flop shapes make a project to use up some extra remnants of material.
It's a Fine Holiday At The Beach
Coastal Maryland Blue Crab Ceramic Christmas Holiday Ornament Maryland crabs bring happy summer memories to a beach themed Christmas tree Buy Now
Creative Holiday Decorating
A unique idea for Advent Christmas countdown- attach numbers for each day to a pretty piece of driftwood.
- Crafts: Salt Dough Starfish Decorations with Recipe - Kaboose.com Salt Dough Christmas Ornament recipe
- Handmade Christmas Ornaments Ã la Martha Stewart All the directions for a number of great looking beach theme Christmas ornaments- just gorgeous.
- Beach-Inspired Christmas Décor Heed the call of the sea with these 25 holiday decorating ideas inspired by high tides, summer breezes, and casual beach houses.
Christmas Lights Luau Style! - Let the lights shine with festive flair
Express Plastic Flip Flop Party String Lights Use these lights to bring some aloha to your porch for Christmas lighting. Colorful pastel flip flop lights strung along a wire.
Coastal Seaside Treat - Gifts for Beach Lovers
Just Right for a Beach Lover
It isn't hard to create gift collections for those who love the beach, juat put together gift baskets with scents and memories of your favorite seaside resort. A fragranced candle, customized flipflops, seashell themed ornaments or tea towels, Just let your imagination fly.