More Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 1 cup butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 c.packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate morsels
- 1/2 finely chopped walnuts
(1) Cream butter and sugars with cream cheese til fluffy
(2) Stir in flour,baking powder, and salt.
(3) Divide dough in quarters,wrap, and chill
(4) Make filling: combine sweet. cond. milk and chocolate
cooking over medium heat til melted
Stir in walnuts and cool.
(5) Heat oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheets.
(6) Roll each quarter of dough to 10x6 inch rectangle.
Spread 1/4 of filling down center section and fold in thirds over filling.
With spatula transfer rolls to cookie sheet seam side down.
(7) Bake 20 minutes til lightly browned.
(8) Cool, sprinkle with confectioners sugar and cut in 12 diagonal slices.
Chocolate Cherry Squares
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package(8 oz.) cream cheese,softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- Red cherries, halved
(1) Combine flour,brown sugar, and butter(cut in chunks) in large mixer bowl
Blend onlow to form fine crumb(2-3 minutes)
Stir in nuts. Reserve 3/4 cup crumbs for topping
Press remaining crumbs into ungreased 9 in. square pan
Bake at 350 F. for 10 minutes til lightly browned.
(2) Make filling: combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, milk, egg, and vanilla
in small mixer bowl;beat til smooth.
Fold in chopped cherries.Spread mixture over warm crust.
Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top. Place cherry half for each desired square.
(3) Return to oven and bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes til lightly browned and filling is set.
(4) Cool and cut into squares.Store refrigerated.
This can be doubled or tripled:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine,softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp.vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- pecan halves
(1) In large mixer bowl cream butter and sugar.
Add egg yolk and vanilla,
beat til light and fluffy
Beat in cream of tartar.
(2) Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
(3) Drop by heaping half
teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart
on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Press pecan half into center of each.
(4) Bake in preheated oven at 300 F. til golden brown
(23- 25 minutes)
Remove at once to wire racks to cool.
- 1 1/2 cups +2 Tblspn.unsifted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dbl.act. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(2.5 oz.)ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup butter(or marg.)
- 1 Tblsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 egg,beaten
- 3/4 cup thick raspberry jam
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp.water
(1) Heat oven to 375.F. Grease 9 in. square pan.
(2) In large mixer bowl add 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar,
baking powder, salt, nuts, and butter.
Mix til well-combined. Add lemon peel and egg,
stir til ingredients are moistened.
(3) Reserve 1/2 cup dough. Pat remaining dough into pan and set aside.
(4) To reserve dough add 2 Tblsp. flour. Roll between two sheets
of waxed paper into 9 in. square.
Freeze for 5 minutes to firm.
(5) Spread jam over dough in pan
leaving a 1/4 in. border.
(6) Take reserve dough, peel paper off
and cut into 18 strips 1/2 in. wide.
Make lattice top with 9 strips parallel
and 9 crosswise over the top.
(7) Stir egg yolk and water together in small bowl;
brush strips. Bake 30 minutes until top
is golden brown.
(8) Cool completely,
cut into 36 little squares.
About 95 calories each.
Cookies 1|Cookies 2|Cookies 3|Desserts 1|
All of these cookies are fancy Christmas cookies. They should be packed carefully and frozen.
I use waxed paper between the layers. Anything made with sour cream or cream cheese will not keep well unfrozen.
Those should be eaten within a week, if not stored.
Try to use real butter, vanilla, don't overbake,
and play with the dough as little as possible.
(Try to put up with the dough-snitchers)
Auntie Mary's are a cream cheese cooky, so they should be kept cool. Watch that the chocolate for the filling is melted on very low heat- no scorched chocolate!
If you need some inspiration for gifts: